H&G/Schultz Door currently has an opening for an Estimator in our Hard Bid department. The Estimating position is responsible for reviewing and interpreting architectural specifications as well as blueprints to determine the material to complete bids for wood doors, hollow metal door/frames, hardware, aluminum storefront and automatic door openers.
We are accepting applications for both experienced and entry level personnel.
H&G/Schultz Door is a national leader in the door & hardware industry, providing hollow metal and wood doors, hollow metal frames, hardware, fabrication, specialty products and services for commercial and industrial building projects.
This position requires:
- Strong communication skills, capable of interacting with General Contractors, Manufacturers, and Sales Representatives.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- The ability to prioritize multiple bid projects and meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent math skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Retain accurate documentation of all bid information.
- Ability to develop product knowledge and expertise of commercial doors, frames and hardware.
- Advanced computer skills in Window, MS Excel, Word and Outlook.
The ideal candidate is:
- Someone willing to learn new products and is mechanically inclined.
- Highly organized and task driven.
- An associate’s degree, technical certificate, experience with computerized drafting, or other technical school work is preferred but not necessary.
- Commercial or residential construction experience is a plus.
H&G/Schultz Door offers an excellent benefit package including PTO, health insurance, dental, disability insurance, life insurance, 401(K) program, and FSA’s.
We are an ESOP company which means our employees have a stake in our business.
If you are interested in submitting an application please e-mail your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax your resume to 314-432-0649.
H&G/Schultz Door is an equal opportunity employer.