Foundation Building Materials (FBM), is currently seeking a dynamic and detailed General Manager to lead our Commercial Door Division in the Indianapolis, IN area.
General Managers are a dynamic group of individuals that are capable of directing the overall activities of an assigned region to continually serve customers within the company’s target market in an exemplary and professional manner so that the company’s brand name and reputation will continue to flourish. The General Manager will provide leadership to accomplish company goals and objectives, drive strategies, and increase levels of profitability for region of responsibility.
At FBM we believe in doing business with integrity and being the Company of Choice for both our customers and our team.
Essential General Manager Functions/Qualifications/Education:
- Provide leadership to accomplish the Company’s goals and objectives.
- Drive operational strategies and vision including company growth, employee development, safety and accountability throughout region of responsibility.
- Obtains profit contribution by managing staff; establishing and accomplishing business objectives.
- Area operating income and EBITDA meets or exceeds budget.
- Area operates under performance based management throughout. Includes but not limited to monthly reports on time and reflective of actual marketplace occurrences, performance metrics in place, managed, measured and shared throughout the Area.
- Set clear goals, objectives and plans to meet targets, track and correct actions when required. Establish expectations for continuous improvement on an annual basis and challenge area organization to succeed.
- Budgets forecasts well prepared with improving accuracy and used to manage the business.
- Develop strategies on pricing, promotion and distribution to grow margin and sales.
- Develop benchmarks and implement best practices to exceed benchmark performance. Ensure sharing best practices within and across areas.
- Manage, develop and strengthen vendor relationships with particular focus on major vendors and within corporate strategy to improve FBM margins. Work closely with Regional President in development and coordination of vendor strategy. Strongly support vendor management task force.
- Strong financial skills and ability to understand key accounting techniques.
- Very good organization planning as well as strong analytical skills.
- Strategic thinker.
- Excellent people development and coaching skills and ability to teach others how to lead and train.
- BA in Business Management preferred or at least seven years of previous experience in management or related field; MBA preferred
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize multiple projects under tight deadlines and work independently
- Ability to work professionally with all levels of management.
- Ability to organize time and tasks efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to lead and develop a team.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to change.
- Experience within a commercial door division highly preferred.
- Support our company values in the stated areas of Safety, Customer Focus, Teamwork, Integrity and being a Company of Choice for both employees and customers.
- Other duties may be assigned
- A principled approach to work, including honesty and integrity
- A friendly and supportive work environment
- Competitive pay an incentives
- Excellent benefits including: Medical, Dental and Vision plans, 401(k)
Foundation Building Materials (FBM) is a leading North American distributor of building materials focused on meeting and exceeding the needs of local construction trades with best-in-class products and services. Based in California, FBM has more than 3,500 employees in nearly 205 locations across 36 states. FBM’s core values – safety first, a focus on customers and team members, honesty and integrity – form the foundation for an outstanding customer experience that is recognized across the industry.
FBM promotes an equal employment opportunity workplace with respect to all categories protected under applicable State and Federal law.