Foundation Building Materials (FBM), is currently seeking a skilled Project Manager / Inside Sales Person for our Commercial Door Division located in the Indianapolis, IN area.
Project Managers are a skilled group of individuals that manage projects from the estimating stage through completion of a project. The Project Manager / Inside Sales Person will work hand in hand with various in-house departments, as well as customers and vendors, to initiate, detail, and actively manage numerous projects. This opportunity requires an individual to be intuitive and solve problems using skills acquired through experience within the doors, frames, and building distribution industry.
At FBM we believe in doing business with integrity and being the Company of Choice for both our customers and our team.
Come build your career with an exciting and growing organization within the building products industry!
Project Manager / Inside Sales Essential Functions/Qualifications/Education:
- Collaboration with estimators (sales team) initially for review of project scope
- Reviewing architectural drawings and specifications. Do take-offs of blueprints.
- Taking Sales calls and working with walk-in customers
- Using experience and knowledge as they relate to building codes, life safety, and accessibility
- Creating submittals & shop drawings by combining door schedules with product data
- Documenting all aspects of any given project through contracts, change orders, sales orders, purchase orders, order acknowledgements, submittals, emails and/or other forms of correspondence
- Managing a number of commercial projects on a daily basis
- Solving complex issues that may arise in a timely manner
- Working with suppliers and vendors for product information, lead-times, and shipping details
- Staying on budget while providing material within the project scope
- Enter orders into system for purchasing and fabrication.
- Must attend and participate in all required meetings in relation to position and overall company.
- Bachelor's degree with at least 1+ years of previous experience in the construction industry strongly preferred. Will consider currently enrolled students looking for a career path and growth opportunity.
- Extensive knowledge within the trade of doors, frames, and hardware is highly preferred.
- DHI Certifications (AHC, CDC, EHC, AOC) desired
- Experience in project management and familiarity with construction drawings & specifications
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, ability to multi-task with advanced problem solving techniques
- Proficient communication skills with timely follow-up
- Support our company values in the stated areas of Safety, Customer Focus, Teamwork, Integrity and being a Company of Choice for both employees and customers.
- Other duties may be assigned
- Growth opportunity to a great career path
- A principled approach to work, including honesty and integrity
- A friendly and supportive work environment
- Competitive pay and incentives
- Excellent benefits including: Medical, Dental and Vision plans, 401(k)
About Foundation Building Materials
Foundation Building Materials (FBM) is a leading North American distributor of building materials focused on meeting and exceeding the needs of local construction trades with best-in-class products and services. Based in California, FBM has more than 3,500 employees in nearly 205 locations across 36 states. FBM’s core values – safety first, a focus on customers and team members, honesty and integrity – form the foundation for an outstanding customer experience that is recognized across the industry.
FBM promotes an equal employment opportunity workplace with respect to all categories protected under applicable State and Federal law.