We are currently recruiting for an Estimator who will work in our Precision Doors & Hardware unit in Leesburg, Virginia.
The estimator is a critical position within Cook & Boardman, LLC. Estimators are responsible for evaluating bid specifications and drawings, ensuring a thorough understanding of project specific requirements that are necessary to successfully bid a project. Estimators are responsible for quantitative take-offs and the solicitation and evaluation of vendor and subcontractor proposals. The estimator will also work closely with the general contractor's pre-construction department to ensure overall satisfaction. Industry specific on the job training and education will be provided.
- Print, organize, and maintain project plans and specifications
- Attend pre-bid meetings and site visits
- Perform accurate and thorough quantitative take-offs
- Ensure compliance with the project specifications
- Solicit and evaluate vendor and subcontractor pricing
- Review addenda and other architectural clarifications prior to bid
- Communicate with general contractor to ensure scope coverage
- Maintain organized and categorized project folders
- Prepare and submit accurate and timely bids to general contractors
- Attend post bid interviews when required
- Upon award, organize and turnover bid folder to project team
- Partake in project hand-off meetings when required
- Assisting project team with change order pricing
- Participate in industry specific continuing education and training
- 2 year degree in engineering, construction engineering, construction management, construction technology, or equivalent experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including, but not limited to, Word, Excel, Project, and Outlook
- Have both a functional and working knowledge of computers in general
- Must pass pre-employment background check and drug screen
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must have excellent oral communication skills and positive interpersonal skills.
- Must have effective time management skills.
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Must be self-motivated and proactive.
- Must have a positive and winning attitude.
- Must be professional and polished in both appearance and speech.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must have a strong work ethic.
- Must have good mathematical skills.
- Prior experience with blue print reading/specification interpretation is a plus.
- Prior knowledge of door, frame and hardware applications as they relate to UL, fire code, building code, ADA, life safety and other restrictions that relate to the general commercial construction industry is a plus.
EOE Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.